Saturday, October 20, 2012

Time to be fearless

So today I had a somewhat schizophrenic conversation in my head.

Centered around whether to go to a polo match for my dear Krystine's birthday celebration extension.

Reasons not to go:
  • Lots of people I don't know
  • Tumultuous relationship with the one friend I actually do know (and one Im not certain that the person in question is aware of that adjective in connection with it anyhow)
  • New place...eek scary
  • No money. Well, very little money. Most of it got spent on my dear friend's wedding last week. And ideally I'm supposed to eat before payday. 

Reasons to go:
  • Krystine - sweetest person ever! She could make a hurricane look like a pleasant day to be had. And there'd probably be board games too.
  • Fun!
  • A new adventure
  • Chance to make new friends
  • Polo - chance to stand around looking pretty, and kick stuff into the ground, how cool does that sound?

Final decision?

Fear won out. By the time I decided to go money or not it was already too late to make it to Phoenix in time.  How sad is that?

The good news is I think this is the final straw to put my tushie in gear and stop letting fear win out so often. How much have I been missing out on? Lets see if I can let my freedom flag fly more often.




One fabulous thing that came from today? While running errands found the best book ever...

 

There's ideas for altering clothing/cloth in fun ways using dyes and scissors and string, oh my! Yes my nerd is coming out, but I tell you awesome is about to happen.
 
This is going to be so amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment